Monday, September 3, 2007

Welcome!!!

First off I want to thank you for visiting this site and showing your support for Charlie, Charles, Chuck.... whatever you want to call him! :)

The purpose of this site is to provide a place where information can come together, be exchanged and updates on the current situation with Charlie can be disseminated. My hope here is to 1) keep everyone informed as to the progress of whats been dubbed 'Operation Get Charlie Home!' and 2) as a central place for those that wish to help, because I have a feeling we are going to need all the help we can get.

I will be working on this site over the next couple days so stay posted as I add some more stuff too it. I plan on having a running list of tasks to be accomplished as well as putting up a photo section of pictures I have so far, and any other pictures that are taken of him in the future.

This little guy means so much to me, as well as a lot of the other soldiers I work with. We just hope and pray that things can come together so that he can arrive safely in the United States. Once there he will be taken care of until we return and can be reunited. Right now I am very confident that this mission will suceed, no doubt due to the overwhealming support I have received already. THANK YOU!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Just watched the local coverage here in phoenix about Charlie. I know you are going to have the valley's 100% support on bringing Charlie home. Great Story and keep up the good work.

Michelle said...

I just watched the news as well and it just touched me. As the previous person stated, you will have all of the valley's support in bringing Charlie home. I would love to help! I would be MORE than happy and delighted to take care of Charlie until you return home.
-Michelle, Mesa, AZ

dolores said...

Just read in the AZ Republic about Charlie and your love for him. I certainly hope you will be able to bring him home.
I'm sure in a war torn area there are many "Charlies" and it's conforting to know that at least one will know the love and care of an American. Thank you.
Dolores

Anonymous said...

I just read your story about Charlie. I think it is so great that you are all able to find love and comfort in a place like that. I know the love you can have for a dog. I would love to help out. I will keep watching to see what I can do. Keep up the good work!! You guys rock!!!!

- Sarah, Surprise, AZ

Anonymous said...

I have heard of your story of Charlie and read your blog. You guys are heros to me. You are fighting for our country and now you find the time to fight for Charlie. I am glad you both found each other. Hope the AZ Humane Society can give you a hand as well as the public in the great state of AZ. I am sure going to keep track of you and Charlie. i will help as much as i can....you go guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

when you know which city he will first go to in the US, let me know as I would be happy to donate frequent flyer mileage for the appropriate airline to get him from that city to PHX.

Anonymous said...

Flyers miles cannot be sued to ship pets.

Anonymous said...

Great story! I just saw your mom on TV and I do want to help. Do you know the story of the Marine based in Iraq in 2005 and his efforts to get his puppy named Lava home? He went through a number of hurdles to bring his dog home- but it worked. In reading his book, vaccinations and the flight were the biggest obstacles. Have you made any contacts with vets that can help? I do not have the book in front of me but there were several folks in the US that know the ropes on making it happen. The Marine’s name is Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman. Maybe with your connections, you can track him down for insight on your ‘to do’s'. I will also research and be back in touch. Take care!

Anonymous said...

You must be a really wonderful, caring, loving person. We need more people like you in the world. Good Luck! We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

What about Bide-a-Wee on Long Island in Wantagh? They helped us out with dog booties for search dogs after 9/11. I think they get involved in special causes.

I love that you have made Charlie part of your mission!!!